Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Birdman Speaks On YMCMB Empire

In a recent interview, Birdman, a.k.a Baby, real name Bryan Williams spoke on the dozens of artists he has under his label, Cash Money Records, and how tough it is to keep, consistently dropping successful albums from his over 4 dozen artists signed and affiliated with the label.



Below is what he had to say about this in a recent interview with MTV-



"Right now, as we stand, we have [48 acts] between Young Money, Cash Money, We the Best...
The goal is to keep developing and keep putting out, so to do that we have to keep buckling down, grindin' hard and stayin' focused. And that's a big challenge, to put a hundred out...


 Everybody that's doin' this — outside of who we done rocked with — is really an enemy to me. So if you ain't on the team, I'm after your head. If you're doin' what we're doin'. We wanna do the most numbers every year, each year, the most digital numbers. That's what we 'bout, if you doin' this music and you ain't rockin' with us, you're on the menu so that's just what it is."


So, off the top of my head, I know he has Lil Wayne, Drake, Mack Maine, Gudda Gudda, Nicki Minaj, Cory Gunz, Lil Twist and Tyga under Young Money (which is Wayne's label under cash money); then he has G Malone, Busta Rhymes, Bow Wow, T- Pain, and Kevin Rudolf under Cash Money; and then the partnership with We The Best gives him DJ Khaled and Ace Hood under his label. That's 15 from the top of my head, but ofcos they are more. My question is how many of these acts is he focusing on?


I think they give too much focus to the biggest acts on the label- Wayne, Drake, Tyga and Nicki Minaj. I was glad when I saw Ace Hood's new video with Trey Songz (I Need Your Love) on MTV yesterday; I think Ace has really developed himself (skill-wise) through the years, and can become bigger than he currently is in years to come. But I think the label also has to get out an album by Cory Gunz; he is talented, and has a lil hype right now. 



Young Money Cash Money Billionaires (YCMB) are running things right now, but they definitely need to work on the other acts on the roaster for future purposes.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar