Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Demi Lovato Says She and Selena Gomez Aren't Friends Anymore



Demi Lovato is the cover star for the May 2020 issue of Harper's BAZAAR.

In the issue, the "I Love Me" singer opened up about her music, her recovery from her overdose, and her past forged Disney Channel friendships including the Jonas Brothers, Selena Gomez, and Miley Cyrus

When asked if she still kept in touch with people like the Jonas Brothers, she shook her head no and revealed that she only talks to Miley Cyrus.

"I talk to Miley [Cyrus]. She's awesome, and I love her to death and always will, always have. But I think she's kind of the only one from that era that I still stay in touch with," says Lovato.


But she however reveals to that she no longer keeps in touch with her former best friend, Selena Gomez. She even hints that after her critically adored comeback performance at the 2020 Grammy Awards, she was conflicted about Gomez's Instagram post applauding her return to the spotlight because they had lost contact over the years.

"When you grow up with somebody, you're always going to have love for them. But I'm not friends with her, so [the Instagram post] felt … ," Lovato shares with BAZAAR before stopping herself. "I will always have love for her, and I wish everybody nothing but the best."

Their history as friends goes back to 2002, when Lovato and Gomez first met while they were both auditioning for Barney & Friends and quickly became close.


Lovato rose to fame on the Disney Channel in her teens, starring with the Jonas Brothers in the film Camp Rock and the sitcom Sonny With a Chance.

During that time she also developed an eating disorder, and began using alcohol and drugs, entering treatment for the first time at age 18. She was diagnosed with bipolar disorder while in recovery.


When Lovato looks back on her Disney days now, she views them through a new lens.

“I’m grateful for the opportunities that I got. Do I wish that I’d had more downtime? Yes. I think when you are a teenager and you’re given your big break, you’ll do anything to make it happen,” she says.

“I do feel that a lot of the way some of my life was handled and lived led to me kind of having a bit of a downfall, just because I was so overworked and I wasn’t dedicating enough time to my mental health or my personal life.”

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar