Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Nasty Gal reveals images of the new Courtney Love collection

Two controversial brands have come together to create a collection. This is how I see the new Nasty Gal collaboration with Courtney Love. I don't mind Love but I am a bit.......meh about Nasty Gal.

After all, this is the brand that before Christmas were accused by former employees of being horrific to work for. But all this nastiness (sorry) has been forgotten because its yesterdays news. It's a bit rich watching the brands that denounced NG for their treatment of their employees fawning over the brand now that a celebrity is involved and they want the collection photos to drive clicks.

And Love is click gold.

Known for grunge style, music (to those of us over 30) and general bad ass lifestyle, Love is a gold mine for content. She's not afraid to speak to her mind which allows for wonderful quotes and interviews. Which is a shame because for a generation of kids discovering her, she becomes about the quotes, the image and the ex, not the music. Hole are great. But then I am 30 which in cool terms means I am practically dead already.


 Back to the collection, these pieces are some of the 18 that make up the collection. It is due to launch  14th of January in the US. I have no idea if NG is available in the UK. I don't dig the company vibe because (A) I'm in my 30s and (B) I don't agree with treating your employees like shit OR the concept of 'girl boss'. I wish to just be a 'boss' with no gender attachment. End of.

So at the risk of sounding critical of this collection, I don't feel it. Sorry. I am just not a 90s girl though. I lived through it, I don't need a reminder of what I wore when. I much prefer the gaudy, tacky 80s. I was never one for babydoll dresses even back then and I'm afraid this isn't doing much for me. I do like the black dress above with the long bell sleeves though. I have to admit.

Apparently Love was quite involved with the design process though. “There were photos, and I had a few (pieces) that I had saved. We went through some of my rock-star ’90s stuff and redid that in a more modern context, and some new things as well. I wasn’t going to be on it if it wasn’t a real collaboration, so, it really is.”


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar